Home Button  Buy Button 

Topic:   Heidenhain 370 blockwise issue

By: JohnPosted on: Nov 18 2021 at 08:07:28 PM
Hi,

Im having an issue sending blockwise (or sending and receiving anything really) between Remo and my Heidenhain 370 Bridgeport VMC. Im using a FTDI serial to usb converter and have made a 9 to 25 pin cable like the one pictured under the 370 page on the remoDNC webpage.

When I try to drip feed, I start the blockwise transfer on the controller and type in the file name, then I hit send on the PC. Nothing seems to happen. Then I click END on the controller and I get an error saying "ERRONEOUS TRANSFER".

I have managed to send the TOOL TABLE file back to the PC, but it only sends the name which is a few characters. I am creating the programs with Fusion 360 and a Heidenhain 370 post processor I found on the forum.

Does anybody have any insight to making this work?

Thanks,
J

By: JossePosted on: Dec 15 2021 at 01:40:57 PM
Hi, John, I am in the process of trying to get the VMC communicating with DNC, but not succesful so far. It gets in touch somehow, but just a file name on the screen. I am pretty sure it has something to do with the wrong parameter setup in MP50xx range. Willing to get in touch? josse.arriba at gmail

Reply - add a comment to this topic.

You may enter letters, numbers and standard punctuation only. HTML and other scripts/tags will be rejected.

Topic:- Heidenhain 370 blockwise issue

Enter the numbers.

Your name here is optional