Home Button  Buy Button 

Topic:   087 alarm

By: Chester UKPosted on: Jan 10 2022 at 09:46:57 AM
Hi
using this with colchester 4000L lathe Fanuc OT,can send program from lathe but not from PC get 087 alarm. Baud rate is set to 2400 at PC and lathe

By: SupportPosted on: Jan 13 2022 at 10:16:20 AM
Hello. We did this via email. Just commenting here in case other people have the same question

Fanuc 087 alarm is usually a buffer overflow. In your case though it was caused because the CNC did not recognize the start of the file allowing the buffer to overflow while waiting for the start.

Before sending to the cnc you need to delete the top line with the |&HE: Leave just the percent symbol. Like this.

%
:0036
N10 etc
etc

But that may not work. If it doesn't then make one more change. Change the :0036 to an upper case letter O Like this.

%
O0036
etc

After do the above you started getting a PS002 error. This is block parity. in the CNC you need to disable TV Check.

You did the above and, if I'm not mistaken, everything is working now.

By: GuestPosted on: Aug 4 2023 at 10:13:26 AM
I am facing same problem on my Mill, I just don't understand that when I run same program again without any changes than it works as good. So is there any upgrade required or what?

By: GuestPosted on: Aug 11 2023 at 06:10:19 AM
Sorry. Not sure I understand.

You send the program once and you get the 087 alarm. You cancel that and send again and the second time it works?

Reply - add a comment to this topic.

You may enter letters, numbers and standard punctuation only. HTML and other scripts/tags will be rejected.

Topic:- 087 alarm

Enter the numbers.

Your name here is optional