Home Button  Buy Button 

Topic:   FANUC O-M WON'T DRIP FEED, 087 ALARM

By: GuestPosted on: Mar 10 2015 at 12:19:42 PM
I can send and receive programs well with the REMO DNC software but if I try to drip feed I get 087 ALARM, which is "While entering data into memory, using the Reader/Puncher interface the data input is not stopped, after 10 characters are read, when a stop command is specified."

Can anyone offer any help?

By: SupportPosted on: Mar 10 2015 at 09:45:45 PM
I think tou asked the same question by email. Here's the same reply in case anyone else is searching.

If your computer has a proper Com port in the back of the computer then you need to disable Windows FIFO.

You do that in Windows Control Panel > System > Device Manager. this brings up a list of devices. Scroll down to "Ports Com&LPT". select the com port you're using and go to "Advanced". This opens a small window with sliders and checkbox. Slide the FIFO down to zero and then uncheck the box to
disable.

But if you're using a USB adapter then changing FIFO often doesn't help but not a bad thing to disable it anyway.

Now go into RemoDNC setup and make sure flow control is XonXoff.

Next thing is the "Block Delay". It's in the first tab "Send [to CNC]". I can't remember what the default is but try increasing Block Delay to a bigger number.

If you increased it all the way to 200 then you might find that the data flows too slowly and the 087 error goes away but the machining gets choppy. It's a case of finding a setting that works smoothly.

What baud rate have you got? Slowing the baud rate helps as well but again, if it's too slow the CNC starves of data and machining gets choppy. If you do try lowering the baud rate (then obviously lower it in the CNC as well) then also decrease the block delay in remo setup.

By: GuestPosted on: Jun 14 2015 at 09:21:29 PM
There is every chance your control id not configured for drip, what model OM, is it A B C D,

I have an OM A and had to have the ladder written for drip feed.

Reply - add a comment to this topic.

You may enter letters, numbers and standard punctuation only. HTML and other scripts/tags will be rejected.

Topic:- FANUC O-M WON'T DRIP FEED, 087 ALARM

Enter the numbers.

Your name here is optional