Home Button  Buy Button 

Topic:   fanuc error SR 824 buffer overfollow

By: GuestPosted on: Jan 6 2016 at 04:19:08 PM
I just installed a new version of 5.0 and now I have this error SR 824 buffer overflow. "THE NC RECEIVED MORE THAN TEN CHARACTERS OF DATA FROM READER INTERFACE 1 EVEN THOUGH THE NC SENT A STOP CODE DURING DATA RECEPTION."
I didn't have this problem before. Any ideas?
Paul

By: SupportPosted on: Jan 6 2016 at 11:04:41 PM
Hello Paul,

In your email today i got the impression that you were saying that the dnc did work correctly but then you'd got a new computer.

Make sure you have flow control (xon/xoff) enabled in the dnc setup.

Disable windows FIFO. in your email you said you'd adjusted it. But it needs to be disabled completely.

In the dnc setup you see a setting for Block Delay. Increase that to a higher number. (longer delay).

If your baud rate is high then consider lowering it.

By: SupportPosted on: Jan 9 2016 at 08:21:19 PM
Hello Paul. Thanks for coming back to us (by email) saying that The fault appears to be with the PCI card and that using a USB/Rs232 adapter instead of PCI has fixed the overflow problem.
That other minor thing you mentioned - having to press the cycle start button on the CNC twice when repeating the same program - we'll order a usb adapters identical to yours and run some tests and hopefully get a solution for you.

Reply - add a comment to this topic.

You may enter letters, numbers and standard punctuation only. HTML and other scripts/tags will be rejected.

Topic:- fanuc error SR 824 buffer overfollow

Enter the numbers.

Your name here is optional